Our research commitments
The Petzl Foundation is actively involved in basic research projects which are in line with Petzl's core of expertise.
Today, the Petzl Foundation is moving forward on a project with the Glaciology and Geophysics Laboratory for the Environment, one of the world’s most renowned laboratories in that field.
This laboratory has been leading a fundamental research project on icefalls since 2006. The objective of this project is to bring a better knowledge on the formation and behavior of icefalls to the scientific community, as well as to winter outdoor enthusiasts.
- [11-27-12] Encourage respectful climbs in a major site: Piedra Parada
- [08-30-12] The environment call for projects is extended!
- [05-16-12] The Cochamo valley, a forgotten Yosemite
- [04-23-12] Saving the monk seals in Mauritania
- [12-21-11] Grimper dans les palmiers, un métier dangereux
- [12-20-11] Nepal: training future professional trek guides
- [05-23-11] Call for projects environment!
- [05-02-11] How to reduce accidents in the Gouter couloir?
- [03-29-11] Join the public Conservation Vote !
- [02-14-11] Ice Crystal, a scientific expedition into the heart of the waterfall
- [11-24-10] Results of the 2011 environment request for proposals!
- [07-30-10] Outdoor Industry Conservation Charity joins IUCN
- [06-29-10] Successful release of 3 Bearded vultures in the Vercors massif
- [05-21-10] Makay, the last Eden in flames
- [04-19-10] Saving Cochamo
- [02-05-10] Great success for symposium of the Bonelli's eagle
- [01-22-10] Petzl Foundation supports scientific explorations
- [09-29-09] First steps of Access PanAm
- [07-08-09] The Access PanAm initiative supported by the Petzl Foundation
- [06-05-09] Mountain safety training