Home › Professional projects
What climber has not heard of Kalymnos? The Greek island located in the southeastern Aegean Sea, just off the coast of Turkey, is world-renowned for its many cliffs. With more than 2000 routes for all levels, Petzl RocTrip set up its base camp in Kalymnos in 2006… Even though rock climbers flock there in droves, the island had no formal rescue services for climbing accidents. Local residents called upon the Petzl Foundation to help to train them in rope rescue techniques.
- [10-18-13] Rescue services operational in Kalymnos!
- [09-11-13] The Petzl Foundation Supports the Alpine Near-Miss Survey
- [08-05-13] Working with Aron Ralston to protect Utah’s redrock desert canyons
- [07-19-13] The environment call for projects is launched!
- [11-27-12] Encourage respectful climbs in a major site: Piedra Parada
- [05-16-12] The Cochamo valley, a forgotten Yosemite
- [04-23-12] Saving the monk seals in Mauritania
- [12-21-11] Grimper dans les palmiers, un métier dangereux
- [12-20-11] Nepal: training future professional trek guides
- [05-23-11] Call for projects environment!
- [05-02-11] How to reduce accidents in the Gouter couloir?
- [03-29-11] Join the public Conservation Vote !
- [02-14-11] Ice Crystal, a scientific expedition into the heart of the waterfall
- [11-24-10] Results of the 2011 environment request for proposals!
- [07-30-10] Outdoor Industry Conservation Charity joins IUCN
- [06-29-10] Successful release of 3 Bearded vultures in the Vercors massif
- [05-21-10] Makay, the last Eden in flames
- [04-19-10] Saving Cochamo
- [02-05-10] Great success for symposium of the Bonelli's eagle
- [01-22-10] Petzl Foundation supports scientific explorations