Home › › Safety supported projects › Reduce the risk in the Goûter couloir
Reduce the risk in the Goûter couloir
The Foundation publishes several studies to advance the prevention of risks.
The mountain police force of the Haute-Savoie and Petzl Foundation’s collaborative study aims to better understand the hazards of stone fall encountered during the normal route of Mont Blanc, from the refuge of Tête Rousse to the refuge du Goûter.
In the summer of 2011, Alpes Ingé realised for the Petzl Foundation a statistic study concerning stone fall and the crossing of the couloir du Goûter, which is the main access to Mont Blanc.
During the most critical hours, between 11am and 13.30am, we can observe that a stone fall occurs on average every 17 minutes.
In first, risk's prevention involves necessarily a good information, that why we have launched the advertising campaign: "Reaching the top of Mont Blanc, A concern for alpinists" with the coordination Montagne
The Petzl Foundation offers a contribution to improve safety in the Gouter couloir, on the normal route of Mont Blanc: a study was launched to prevent accidents in this couloir very exposed to falling rocks.
- [11-27-12] Encourage respectful climbs in a major site: Piedra Parada
- [08-30-12] The environment call for projects is extended!
- [05-16-12] The Cochamo valley, a forgotten Yosemite
- [04-23-12] Saving the monk seals in Mauritania
- [12-21-11] Grimper dans les palmiers, un métier dangereux
- [12-20-11] Nepal: training future professional trek guides
- [05-23-11] Call for projects environment!
- [05-02-11] How to reduce accidents in the Gouter couloir?
- [03-29-11] Join the public Conservation Vote !
- [02-14-11] Ice Crystal, a scientific expedition into the heart of the waterfall
- [11-24-10] Results of the 2011 environment request for proposals!
- [07-30-10] Outdoor Industry Conservation Charity joins IUCN
- [06-29-10] Successful release of 3 Bearded vultures in the Vercors massif
- [05-21-10] Makay, the last Eden in flames
- [04-19-10] Saving Cochamo
- [02-05-10] Great success for symposium of the Bonelli's eagle
- [01-22-10] Petzl Foundation supports scientific explorations
- [09-29-09] First steps of Access PanAm
- [07-08-09] The Access PanAm initiative supported by the Petzl Foundation
- [06-05-09] Mountain safety training