Home › Supported projects
In the heart of the Patagonian desert, in the Province of Chubut (Argentina), Piedra Parada, the "stone", rises like a monolith. Behind her, La Buitreta Canyon, 5 km long, high cliffs nearly 200 feet high, hosted the Petzl Roc Trip in November 2012.The development of a climbing area that respects the environment and the history of this exceptional site deserved to have the Petzl Foundation involved.
In the summer of 2011, Alpes Ingé realised a statistic study concerning stone fall and the crossing of the couloir du Goûter, which is the main access to Mont Blanc.
The Rhône-Alpes region hosts 30 of the 34 species of French bats. Despite its lack of popularity, they are all protected species, including four main families that live underground. The CORA (Rhônes-Alpes Ornithological Center) works with cavers to raise awareness of the species. The Petzl foundation supports this cooperation which aims to improve our knowledge of caves while encouraging respectful behavior.
The Tsingy of Bemaraha offer one of the most spectacular sights on the Big Island. Here are real rock cathedrals of limestone sculpted into blades or sharp needles: in Malagasy, Tsingy means "where one can walk barefoot” ... Jean-Claude Dobrilla, who is a caver and explorer, has ventured inside these incredible structures. To help maintain parks in Madagascar, he has created the Antsika association, which means "together" in Malagasy. His goal is to help local people to make a living from their natural resources whilst preserving them.
Inveneo and our in-country partners design and deliver highly sustainable and affordable ICT solutions for organizations that provide vital services — education, healthcare, economic development — in rural and under-served areas in the developing world.
- [11-27-12] Encourage respectful climbs in a major site: Piedra Parada
- [08-30-12] The environment call for projects is extended!
- [05-16-12] The Cochamo valley, a forgotten Yosemite
- [04-23-12] Saving the monk seals in Mauritania
- [12-21-11] Grimper dans les palmiers, un métier dangereux
- [12-20-11] Nepal: training future professional trek guides
- [05-23-11] Call for projects environment!
- [05-02-11] How to reduce accidents in the Gouter couloir?
- [03-29-11] Join the public Conservation Vote !
- [02-14-11] Ice Crystal, a scientific expedition into the heart of the waterfall
- [11-24-10] Results of the 2011 environment request for proposals!
- [07-30-10] Outdoor Industry Conservation Charity joins IUCN
- [06-29-10] Successful release of 3 Bearded vultures in the Vercors massif
- [05-21-10] Makay, the last Eden in flames
- [04-19-10] Saving Cochamo
- [02-05-10] Great success for symposium of the Bonelli's eagle
- [01-22-10] Petzl Foundation supports scientific explorations
- [09-29-09] First steps of Access PanAm
- [07-08-09] The Access PanAm initiative supported by the Petzl Foundation
- [06-05-09] Mountain safety training